Friday, January 18, 2013

Lamp Upgrade




When decorating Corrie's nursery, Pinterest became my inspiration for most every project I undertook.  The lamp I used in her room was no different.  I already had a lavender lamp, but thought it needed an upgrade.

I ran across this pin while I was pregnant and showed it to my mom, an avid scrapbooker.  Her reply?  "I have that 'Once Upon a Time' die-cut on my Cricut machine."  I immediately asked her, "Can you send me that die-cut on black cardstock?"  She graciously mailed me several different sizes, and off to Michael's I went for some spray adhesive!

The process was so simple.  Get the die-cut, spray the front of the die-cut with an even layer of spray adhesive (I used 3M brand), position it on the inside of the lampshade, press firmly, and voila!  You've got yourself a hidden message that becomes visible each time you flip on the lamp.

It's added a great little touch to Corrie's room, providing a soft fairy tale glow each time I put her to bed.  (Or, more commonly, come into her room for a middle-of-the-night feeding.)

No comments:

Post a Comment