Friday, July 15, 2011

Checkin' Out the Views

Starting an Alaskan day the Alaskan way... with espresso!
This state is full of these little drive-up espresso huts. If I lived through perpetual darkness in the winter, I think I too would need a little caffeine each morning.
Kelli with her latte

Hot chocolate for the coffee hater. :)

The cutest breakfast place ever, Snow City Cafe. If you ever go, you need to get the Mandarin cream cheese-stuffed French toast with raspberry butter. Yum!

Kelli and Josh have a bald eagle nest just hundreds of yards away from their living room window. Using this spotting scope, we were able to watch the mom and dad feed their baby in the nest. So cute!

The best way to start a hike!

Old Alaskan gold mine museum

These were my favorite wildflowers -- cornus canadensis, or Alaskan bunchberry -- and apparently a common moose snack.
Sisters :)

One of Kelli's many culinary masterpieces -- roasted leg of lamb with asparagus and roasted tomatoes.

One night we went out with Josh's pilot friends and their spouses to this quirky bar in downtown Anchorage called Sub Zero.

Amber, Kelli, and Victoria


Up next: our journey to the Kenai peninsula (Seward, Cooper Landing, and Homer)

2 comments:

  1. Yea!! I love the pics! It was so great having you guys up here, and I love reading your post seeing your Alaskan experience through your eyes! :-)
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can he hate coffee?!?!? That's just wrong.

    I figured out how to follow a blog...on the ribbon at the very top of the page (next to the blogger B on the left-hand side, click on the word Follow). I will shortly be following you.

    So jealous you're in Alaska. It's one of only TWO states I have not been to!

    ReplyDelete