Saturday, June 5, 2010

Well hello there!


Okay, so I decided to start a blog. I felt it was time. After all, with family and friends so far away, it was the only considerate thing to do to allow you all to be privy to the minute details of our daily lives, right? Either way, with no job this summer and lots of free time, I was excited to take on a new project and found inspiration in others' blogs.

Welcome to the world of the O'Bryants! We have been married for just over a year now and have been loving married life! I plan to catch you all up on our adventures over the past year (from our wedding to Europe to Disney World to New Orleans and everything inbetween) and hope to make this entertaining enough for your perusal on an occasional lazy Saturday morning.

Since being married, I have also discovered my newest hobby -- cooking! Though I live for culinary challenges I find myself in (like making an Easter ham stretch throughout the entire month of April... more on that later), I find comfort and joy in making a weeknight meal for my husband and me. So I hope to also include you in my kitchen journeys, sharing recipes and photos of some of my favorite creations. Should you ever decide to try one of them, I would love to hear how it went and if you liked it too.

Most importantly, my goal for this blog is to keep a two-way street running between us. We hope to hear back from you all and read comments you leave. Even better yet, if you read a post and find yourself passionately opinionated or just dying to know more, give us a phone call or dial us up on skype! You all are the reason we want to share our lives with you, and we'd love to share in yours too!

Well, this was the intro.... I shall leave you with that.

Yours truly,
Amber

1 comment:

  1. Yea! I'm excited you're starting a blog, and your design is SO cute! Just the perfect way to start this lazy Saturday. I've thought a lot about starting one, so you might have to tutor me when you guys are out here at the end of August (which, by the way, is going to be super fun!)

    ReplyDelete