Thursday, February 21, 2013

Before I Know It...

I know Corianne is going to grow up.  I'm torn about it, because I know I'm going to miss her chubby baby cheeks, her sweet snuggles when she's swaddled up, and how she giggles at silly little things her mommy does.  Each new milestone makes me a little sad that my baby is becoming a big girl.

But I can't wait for her to grow up either.  I so look forward to tea parties, dress up, and baking treats together.  And even for her learning to drive, going to college, getting married, and the late night/early morning phone calls regarding what to do with this new little baby of hers -- the transitional phase from mommy to oldest friend.

In the meantime, I'm going to mourn the loss of 3 month clothes, the appearance of teeth, and the weening of nursing.  But I'm going to hold out a hope that what is to come is going to be far better than anything that's been!

As I try to live in this expectancy, I like to daydream about Corrie's "big girl" room.  Here's some inspiration for myself to look forward to:










All photos found and linked via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment