Saturday, June 4, 2011

School's Out!

May 20th I said good-bye to 16 of my favorite second graders for the last time. Hugs and high fives went all around -- we all survived it! It was a great first year teaching, full of challenges and rewarding moments. One of which came 20 minutes after having put the kids on the bus. The father of the quietest, shyest girl in my room called the office to get in touch with me because the little girl was "so distraught that she'd never see [me] again." I talked to her for a couple minutes and reassured her that she'd see me again. Moments like that made all the challenges from this year worth it.

Cleaning out my classroom was bittersweet, but brought some great closure. How different it looked on my first day! I won't be returning to Tyndall Elementary next year and I know I'll miss it, but I'm confident there's something great still in store....
_____________________________________________________


After our inservice days, myself and nine other wonderful Tyndall ladies drove out to Rosemary Beach, FL (about an hour away) and rented a condo for a couple of days. We spent the next 48 hours unwinding and enjoying frozen margaritas the beach. I even brought along my favorite dessert -- a chocolate peanut butter cup torte! It was a great way to finish out the school year, with the ladies who all helped me in so many ways this year. But RoseMary, Susanne, and Psyche, we missed having you there too!


Gorgeous condo neighborhood!


We ate dinner out two nights. This was us at Crabby Steve's on the beach. It was so yummy, and really well priced for being right on the water!


Grits A Ya-Ya -- a meal I ordered at Great Southern Cafe.

Smoked gouda grits with spiced grilled shrimp, bacon, spinach, and portabella mushrooms topped with a haystack of sweet potato strands.


Not only are they adorable, these homes have some amazing views!


One night we watched a FAST wedding on the beach. From the bride's walk down the boardwalk to the family portraits and tearing down the chairs? Six minutes. No lie.


Thank you, ladies, for including me in all of the fun this year! It's been so great being a part of this supportive team!

No comments:

Post a Comment