Friday, May 6, 2011

Counting Down

My friend Lisa, whom you saw here, is always wowing me with her cute, creative crafts that she makes. From colorful tissue paper Easter centerpieces to the custom wedding and birth announcements she designs, I am always impressed.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, I told Lisa that I only had 30 days left with my class before summer break. We excitedly started making plans about how we can spend afternoons together once my days were freed up -- shopping, gym trips, beach trips, lunch dates, you name it! I came home from work that Monday and was greeted with a cute creation of Lisa's on our front door.





I was so excited! Each flower had a number 1-30 with a Starburst candy taped to it. Needless to say, the countdown has continued next to our front door, and that little sugar pick-me-up has helped me get through the last four weeks. (How is it that teachers get more excited for summer than students?!)




And look, Lisa! We're now down to only 9 days left! Woo hoo!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awww this is so cute! And I can't believe that it is almost summer for you guys! I'll post soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! 9 days :) I'm excited! And I'm excited that the community pool is almost open too, so we can bask by the pool side and catch some rays.

    ReplyDelete