Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fall Fun!

This is a small hodge-podge of various events and fun we've had so far this fall. Though they may not be interesting enough for their own post, I figured I could save some time and put them all in one post, especially since I've been finding the time this week to blog while Shaun's TDY. :)


First, we'll start with the end of July. Though not technically fall, I'm still adding these. Shaun was TDY for 3 weeks at a pretend deployment training called Technical Warrior. While he was gone, he had thought (mistakenly) that growing a mustache would be a good use of his time. When I picked him up from the airport, this was the man I found at the curb...

Such a scraggly looking man! We took pictures to prove to his future self to never grow a mustache again and he then promptly went to the bathroom sink, razor in hand.

Driving home from church one afternoon, we had to stop for a turtle in the road. Shaun decided to be a good citizen and get out to help the little guy cross the road. :)

We see lots of wildlife on base -- from deer on a daily basis, to the occasional turtle or turkey, to the rare black bear. I was driving home from work around 5pm one night and had to stop as a large black bear ran in front of my car!

I love my husband to pieces. Even his nerdy side. And one weekend, that side shone brightly as ever in our impromptu adventure to Tallahassee. Why did we go, you ask? Well, the movie Avatar was being re-released in theaters with never-before-seen scenes, and the closest IMAX theater to us is in our state capital.

So we made the two-and-a-half hour drive to go see it on opening weekend. Don't worry, we made a full day trip out of it. Shaun made some delicious smoothies for us to enjoy on our car ride and we went to eat at Qdoba (which we don't have in Panama City either). We also spent the afternoon at the Governor's Square Mall and came home with some deeply discounted goodies, thanks to the Old Navy coupon provided by Kelli! :)

Inside the movie at the start of the credits.
Wearing our super-cool 3D glasses!

1 comment:

  1. Haha I love Shaun's mustache!!! And by that I mean, I am glad he shaved it off...lol. Great post Amber, and thanks for updating us :)

    ReplyDelete