Monday, July 12, 2010

Apricot-Glazed Pork Tenderloin


While my parents were in town visiting us, I made them several of Shaun and I's favorite meals. One of which is this recipe I found online for apricot-glazed pork tenderloin. It is really fairly easy and super delicious. As you can see in the picture, I made up some mozzarella smashed potatoes and sesame balsamic asparagus to serve with it.

Apricot-Glazed Pork Tenderloin
Serves 4-6

  • 2 lb. pork tenderloin
  • 1/4 cup very softened butter
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 18 oz jar of apricot preserves
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 1/4 cup moscato white wine

  1. Preheat the oven to 350F while you spread the softened butter all over the tenderloin. Then evenly sprinkle the pork with thyme, salt, and pepper. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
  2. As the pork cooks, mix together the apricot preserves, honey, and wine. Then remove the pork and baste with this mixture.
  3. Return the pork to the oven and keep it cooking for 20-25 more minutes, basting it occasionally. (I tend to baste about every 5 minutes or so.) Once the pork is no longer pink in the center and a thermometer reads 160F or warmer, you know the pork is ready to slice and serve!

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! I am going to have to try this one out:-)

    ReplyDelete